PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY : DENTAL HYGIENE
Effective hygiene is essential for keeping teeth and gums healthy. Maintaining good oral health makes a major contribution to your overall health.
A key member of the team, a hygienist’s role is to professionally clean your teeth and gums and provide individual advice to enable you to keep your mouth in great health. Our hygienists work closely with your dentist to give you a tailor-made preventive and maintenance programme.
REGULAR VISITS FOR YOUR DENTAL HYGIENE WILL HELP..
- To reduce the risk of gum disease, bleeding gums and dental plaque building up. As gum disease is the biggest cause of tooth loss, this in turn helps you to keep your teeth for life !
- To significantly reduce the possibility of cavities, and the need for fillings. This too helps you to keep your teeth for life !
- To remove the stains you can get from drinking tea, coffee and red wines, as well as stains from smoking, and certain foods. This can help to give you a beautiful smile !
- To educate you on how best to brush, floss and maintain your teeth at home.
- To provide early prevention and restorative help.
- To reduce the likelihood of chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease – which have been shown to be associated with poor oral hygiene.